Volunteer Abroad – Voluntary Work – Voluntary Service International – Volunteer Overseas
Paid voluntary service in Germany: People of all nations are invited to apply for voluntary service in Germany sponsored by the Friends of Waldorf Education.
Most volunteers will begin their service in August/September. Another group of volunteers will begin in February.
Before and during the period of service, volunteers receive the following benefits:
Support with visa application (official invitation) prior to service
• An allowance of at least 150 euros per month during the duration of the service
• Free room and board while in Germany
• Free health, accident and liability insurance
• Contractually regulated holidays
• Educational and administrative backing and support through the Friends of Waldorf Education during the voluntary service
• 20 accompanying seminar days, free of charge, at the beginning, during and at the close of the voluntary service, as well as transportation costs to and from the seminars.
Travel costs to and from Germany must be covered by the participants themselves!
Requirements for applying – You must
Be at least 18 years old (there is no maximum age).
• Have permanent residency outside Germany.
• Be socially motivated and show dedication to your work or engagement.
• Know at least the basics of the German language. For those working in the fields of curative education (children with disabilities) and senior care (homes for the elderly), a good to excellent knowledge of German is a must. If at all possible, you should provide a certification of your studies or other official proof of your German language skills. It also expected that you be prepared to improve your German during the duration of your voluntary service.
• Have already gathered practical experience in working with people with special needs or with the elderly. Should you not have this experience, you will be required to carry out a 2-week internship or training program at a qualifying institution in your home country. The Friends of Waldorf Education will be happy to assist you in making contact with organisations that fulfil these criteria.
• Be prepared to work for 12 months in a full-time capacity. Shorter terms of service are not possible.
• Be entirely open to living together with the residents and patients of an institution for curative therapy (children with disabilities), social therapy (adults with disabilities) or a home for the elderly.
• Be eager for personal development and be ready to integrate yourself fully in a new culture and work environment.
• Show initiative and a strong sense of social engagement, as these fields of work will, at least in part, be quite demanding. Additionally, most of the institutions are located in rural agrarian areas.
Deadline for applications for the August/September start date is normally in mid-March. However, more than half the available positions are typically filled by January.
Applicants from countries that do not require a visa (European Union, Japan, Korea, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Israel) may submit their applications until mid-July to the Friends of Waldorf Education.
Deadline for applications for the February start date is the end of July of the year preceding the planned volunteer service.
Applicants from countries that do not require a visa may submit their applications until the beginning of October to the Friends of Waldorf Education.
For more information and volunteer service application, see Paid Voluntary Service in Germany Click Here to Apply
SOURCE :NIAJANEWSPAPER SPAIN