The Former presidential candidate of the Allied Congress Party of Nigeria ACPN, Oby Ezekwesili has come hard on one the newspapers company in Nigeria, for ‘twisting’ her statement regarding why she withdraw from the presidencial race.
Slamming hard the new publication firm, the former minister of Education dismissed the news as fake headline, which distorted her message. In a statement via Twitter on Tuesday, the former presidential candidate asked for a retraction and an apology from the news site.
She wrote In her own word
The fakest headline from my Speech. This fellow that manages @vanguardngrnews online does nothing but disseminate falsehoods obviously. It is obvious that even if you spoke in his ethnic language he would still distort the message. Your management better RETRACT with APOLOGY NOW.
First thing @vanguardngrnews should do is DELETE this #FakeNews.
2. Retract with Apology to me for distorting & misrepresenting my Speech.
3. Post this handler to the Supplies and Stores Dept of Vanguard.
4. Send your Staff to a Reporting Upgrade Course.
And for those with “Comprehension issues”, well here’s what Ezekwesili wants you to take away from her message.
1. ACPN folks professed they shared my Values and Vision.
2. Then it became obvious that they don’t.
3. I who had made the decision to run for President decided it better to protect my Values and withdraw from the race and their Party.